Steel Shield Security Doors & More has been in business for over 20 years, manufacturing and installing all of our products. We are a licensed, bonded and insured premier manufacturer of steel security doors, gates, sun screens, window guards, entry enclosures and more. We take pride in the quality of our products and our great customer service.
There are a few unique features that we provide that other companies do not. Take a look at some of the standard features that are included in every installation Steel Shield Security performs.
Standard Security Door Features:
- Each security door is custom measured and built to precisely fit the specific door opening.
- Designs offer center frieze or one piece full view construction.
- All of our doors are “Flush Mounted ” whenever possible to enhance the luxurious and natural custom fitted appearance when installed on your home.
- If Flush Mounting is not possible due to the construction of your home, we will use a 16-gauge heavy duty steel frame with extra long screws on the inside of the frame that go directly into the door jam and one-way screws on the outside of the frame for the strongest and most secure installation possible.
- Aluminum Z-Bar with channeled felt weather stripping for a lifetime of protection. Unlike foam weather stripping that is glued on, felt weather stripping doesn’t wear like foam, it is not applied with glue, and resists harsh temperatures.
- An aluminum expander bar attached to the bottom of your door with double rubber sweeps to keep the bugs out.
- Double-cylinder tamper resistant locks are available in polished brass, antique brass, brushed nickel, dark nickel, and oil rubbed bronze finishes. When ever possible we will rekey the lock to match your existing locks at no additional charge.
- Arched doors and arched frames available.
- Options to upgrade or modify are available (e.g., removable solar screens, tempered glass, perforated metal).
- Hidden vault pins similar to the technology in a bank safe are mounted behind the hinges in addition to one-way screws on the hinges and all exposed surfaces.
- Pneumatic door closer and wind chain is included with every door.
- Powder coated finish to protect the service life of the door. We offer 44 standard stock colors that are HOA approved to match your home or trim.
- Wreath hooks are available upon request.
- Lifetime installation and structural warranty and 2 year parts and powder coat guarantee.
- Double French doors available with slide bolts and an attached astragal to avoid a permanent center bar blocking the opening and secure the weather-stripping seal between the doors.
- Rear Arcadia (Patio) doors available in a “back to back” design which can fold back for full access to glass for cleaning.