In business for over 20 years, manufacturing and installing all of our products
We are a licensed, bonded and insured premier manufacturer of steel security doors, gates, sun screens, window guards, entry enclosures and more. We take pride in the quality of our products and our great customer service.
There are a few unique features that we provide that other companies do not. Take a look at some of the standard features included in every installation Steel Shield Security performs.
Standard Security Door Features:
- Each security door comes custom measured and built to precisely fit the specific door opening.
- Designs offer either center frieze or one-piece full view construction.
- All of our doors come “Frame Mounted ” to enhance the strength and security when installed on your home.
- We will only use 14 or 16-gauge heavy duty steel frames with extra-long screws on the inside of the frame. These go directly into the door jam. One-way screws go on the outside of the frame for the strongest and most secure installation possible.
- An aluminum expander bar attached to the bottom of your door with double rubber sweeps to keep the bugs out.
- Double-cylinder tamper resistant locks available in polished brass, antique brass, brushed nickel, dark nickel, and oil rubbed bronze finishes.
- Whenever possible we will rekey the lock to match your existing locks at no additional charge.
- Arched doors and arched frames available at an additional cost.
- Options to upgrade or modify are available (e.g., Crim-Safe Security Screens, removable solar screens, tempered glass, perforated metal).
- Hidden vault pins similar to the technology in a bank safe come mounted behind the hinges. In addition to this, one-way screws on the hinges and all exposed surfaces for our 2-inch 16-gauge door designs that utilize “H” hinges.
- All of our “Super-Shield” (1 ½” X 4”) doors utilize non-removable heavy duty welded on barrel hinges not requiring screws or vault pins.
- Pneumatic door closer and wind chain included with every door.
- All of our products come “Powder Coated” in house for a strong permanent finish. This protects the service life of the door. We offer most standard stock colors, all HOA approved to match your home or trim.
- Magnetic wreath hooks are available upon request.
- A lifetime installation and structural warranty in addition to a 2-year parts (locks,closers,wind chains, handles) and powder coat guarantee are standard for every door.
- Screens are never warranted except at the time of installation since they can be torn, cut, knocked out, etc. for reasons beyond our control.
- “Double French Security Doors” are available in every design with slide bolts and an attached astragal to avoid a permanent center bar from blocking the opening and to secure the weather-stripping seal between the doors.
- Rear Arcadia (Patio) security doors are available in either a “Crim-Safe Security Screen” sliding double door design or a “back-to-back” design which can fold back for full access to the glass for cleaning.