Powder coating is a finish process that has become fairly popular since being introduced in North America more than 40 years ago. Powder coating represents over 15% of the industrial finishing market and is used on a wide variety of products – especially doors and vehicles. Most companies prefer powder coatings because it’s high-quality, very durable and looks professional. This kind of coating can be used as a protective or decorative finish, and is available in a wide array of colors and textures.
Durability of Powder Coating
Steel powder coating is a high-quality finish that is found on hundreds of products that you come in contact with everyday. This particular powder coating protects some of the toughest, and roughest machinery as well as many household items that are part of your daily routine. This kind of finish is more durable than regular liquid paints, while still maintaining an attractive finish. Powder coated materials are more resistant to impacts, chemicals, moisture, exposure to ultraviolet light along with other extreme weather conditions. This means less touch ups, scratches, chipping and damage from abrasions, corrosion and other wear and tear.
If you are looking for a durable, long-lasting finish, steel powder coating is the way to go. It’s quite attractive and quite an environmentally friendly product.
The Benefits of Powder Coating
• Added thickness and durability that protects your door from the environment, rust, haboobs and discoloration.
• Emits zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC)
• Produces less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings
• Choose from a large variety of beautiful color options
• Powder coatings allow for a range of specialized effects