When you are ready to take a well-deserved vacation, you shouldn’t have to worry about your home. However, break-ins occur regularly and the security of your home and valued possessions are at stake. Before it’s time to depart for your vacation destination, make the effort to secure your home and keep it safe. Custom-fitted security doors and window coverings from Steel Shield Security Doors & More provide an excellent layer of protection against break-ins.
Added Security for Windows and Doors
The overwhelming majority of home invasions require the use of force. Windows are particularly vulnerable; one smashing blow and burglars have ready access to your home and valuables. In fact, 23% of break-ins occur through a first-floor window. Window guards can guarantee the safety of your home by preventing forced entries. Our window guards are custom-fitted to your home and the stainless steel construction is strong enough to withstand hurricane-force winds.
Security doors and entry enclosures will protect your home against forced entry without the use of electricity, cameras, or alarm systems. In fact, very often, when would-be intruders catch sight of these security measures, that is reason enough for them to move on to another, more vulnerable target home, leaving yours untouched. When 80% of all break-ins take place through a door or window, it just makes sense to secure these vulnerable areas.
Other Home Security Suggestions
Some other simple security ideas include:
- Increased lighting – A well-lighted walkway and entranceway discourages burglars and unwanted visitors. Also, consider yard lights that illuminate the front and rear of your home.
- Motion-Detector Lighting – A more economical choice than constant lighting is motion-triggered lighting in strategic places around your home, like front and rear porches, walkways, and driveways.
- Neighbor Awareness – Ask your neighbors to keep an eye on your property, especially while you are away. Collecting mail and newspapers will also give the impression that someone is home, deterring intruders.
- Well-Trimmed Shrubbery – Keep decorative shrubs and other yard plants neatly trimmed away from windows and doors, and below window level, to prevent them from becoming a shield for would-be intruders.
- Blocked Views – Eliminate temptation by keeping window shades and curtains tightly closed to shield your belongings from view, especially when you will be away from home for extended periods of time.
- Security Systems – Monitored security systems for your home are more affordable than ever. Many include cameras that can even be viewed remotely on a mobile device and send alerts when movement is detected.
Guaranteed Home Security
No other form of protection guarantees your home’s security. Electrical systems can fail or be cut, rendering security alarms and protective lighting useless. Neighbors can miss furtive activity around your home until it is too late. Neighborhood watch programs only provide occasional deterrents. Experienced burglars simply ignore noisy alarms and take what they see and run. Over 96% are never apprehended. By the time the alarm is detected and law enforcement is directed to the scene, they and your valuables are long gone.
Provide physical security for your:
- Entry Doors
- Patio Doors
- French Doors
At Steel Shield Security Doors & More, we are so confident in our security products for your windows, doors, patios, and more, we are confident they will stop break-ins from happening. They provide physical security to stop would-be intruders and thieves from gaining access to your home.
Crimsafe® Security Screens
Crimsafe® is a stainless steel security mesh and frame system that is used to secure windows, doors, and outdoor areas that are at risk for intruders. Approximately half of the typical home’s energy costs go to heating and air conditioning. And, during the summer months, the amount of energy used can be significantly higher. Impact resistant Crimsafe security screens from Steel Shield Security Doors & More can block up to 66% of solar heat and UV rays, performing like normal sunscreens. They are also effective at keeping out bugs and flying insects, so you can open windows for cool breezes without fear of admitting unwanted pests.
Secure Your Home with Steel Shield Security Doors & More
For long-term, guaranteed protection against break-ins, especially while you are away from home for an extended period of time, nothing beats Steel Shield Security Doors & More. We have three locations for your convenience that serve the surrounding communities. Call the office nearest you or fill out our online contact form for more information or to request a quote.
Our company is veteran-owned and all our products are made in the USA. In addition, we proudly offer a $25 veteran discount on every door and window.